Tuesday, October 6, 2015

General Conference!

Dear Family,

So, as yall know, this week was General Conference! I hope you were all touched by the spirit from the wonderful talks that were given, although, as I am learning, I think yall were hunting this weekend...? Well, I hope that yall were able to listen, but if not, GET TO IT. The talks were so special and precious. I loved them all. There were 3 topics that really stood out to me. First, they talked a lot about women. One thing that I have learned is that being daughters of God we have amazing potential and power. We should strive to be worthy of every gift, and we shouldnt doubt our promptings. The second was the spirit. Wow they really touched on following the spirit. I loved the talk by Sister Carole M Stephens. It was so adorable and her example was perfect. The spirit is the strongest defense we have. The spirit can influence every aspect of our lives if we let it. There is nothing more powerful. The spirit is the communication between our Heavenly Father and us. Jesus said, "I will not leave you comfortless... I will send the Comforter" Through the spirit we can know the will of the Father, and we can feel his love. The last one that they hit really hard (especially Saturday) was keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Wow have I seen the importance of this commandment. A few months ago we had Elder Alonso come and talk to us in a stake conference, and he said, "God understands if we have to work on the Sabbath. He understands our circumstances. He understands, but if we dont follow His commandments, we will not recieve His blessings". The Sabbath Day is one of our most important commandments because if we keep it holy, and partake of the Sacrament, we have the spiritual power that we need to make it to the next week and not be overcome by temptation. If we keep the sabbath holy we are remembering God and His Son, the truths of the gospel, the plan of redemption, and we are able to refocus ourselves and our priorities. It does mean we do nothing.

This week I was also able to go to the temple. My companion and I wanted to do two sessions, but I stayed in the Celestial Room too long and we missed the second session. Whoops.. but it was so peaceful. It always fills my heart with joy to enter, dress in white, and leave everything impure behind me. Its the happiest place I have every been. I wish there wasnt a time limit on how long you could stay or I would be there all day... oh... maybe thats why. All in all it was a perfect trip and I definitely recieved the spiritual strength that I needed. 

We visited a less active family this week named the Moreno Family. Out of all the times that we have visited them, our message always goes in one ear and out the other. They say what they need to do but they dont have the testimony or spiritual strength to do it. Anyways, my companion felt we needed to visit them, I agreed, a little relunctantly (because I knew it would be a waste of time.. I thought) and we went to their house. When we got there they were having a birthday party for the grandpa. The grandma sat us down in a corner so that we could talk to her, and I was a little sassy because I this family frustrates me, and asked her if we could talk to the whole family and if she could ask them to join us. She looked a little relunctant, but did it. We ended up having a wonderful lesson with the family about the Plan of Salvation and temples. It was really cool because half the people there arent members and they were very curious to know how their families could be eternal. There was one part of the family that gave us their information and told us we could visit them. I definitely had to repent after that lesson. I had to ask forgiveness from my companion for not trusting her wholeheartedly and from God because I wasnt completely willing to visit some of his children. The family is the same, in one ear and out the other, but we found some really positive investigators from that lesson and I am very grateful for my companion and that she was able to follow that prompting from the spirit. 

This week was beautiful. The temple was beautiful. The conference was beautiful OH and we have 3 new apostles.. I have a feeling that we are going to be seeing a lot of changes in these next 6 months and I am very excited to see what the Lord has planned for us!!

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!

With all my love, 
Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment