Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Personal Revelation

Mi Querido Familia,

Bueno, una otra semena ya vino y paso. No puedo creerlo. Siento que las semanas están pasando bien rápido. Este semana fue muy buena. 

(Well, another week has come and gone. I cant believe it. I feel like the weeks are passing really fast. This week was good.)

Primeramente, hicimos divisiones este semana y yo estaba con una nueva misionera de Utah! Ella se llama Hermana Boyd. Teníamos divertido y a veces nos perdimos. Creo que fue un buena experiencia para ella y teníamos la oportunidad a hablar mucho sobre los dificultades de la misión... 

(First, we did exchanges this week and I was with a new missionary from Utah! Her name is Sister Boyd. We had fun and at times got lost. I believe that it was a good experience for her and we had the opportunity to talk a lot about the difficulties of the mission...)

Okay, sorry. 

So this week I learned something really special. I am not sure if I can explain it well, or if yall will recieve the same "ah ha" moment that I did, but I am sure going to try. We were talking about our fears. What is your fear when you walk out the door each morning? That was the question for each of us. My fear is that I wont be able to accomplish what the Lord has planned for me that day. One Elder had a fear that for some reason stood out to me, it was not being able to say everything that he needed to say. I focussed on it; I studied it, and I had found a few answers, but this week we were on exchanges and I was with a new sister from Utah. Her fear is Spanish. I tried to console her and tell her how good her spanish actually is, then I related the story of when we talked about fears (she wasnt there at the time). I told her about my fear and about the Elders fear, and then she said something that gave a new meaning to Ether 12:27. (the day before we did practices and this same Elder was in our group). She explained that the day before, when one of us had a question, the Elder immediately had an answer; she explained that I am one of the most obedient missionaries she had met and through obedience the Lord can direct us everyday, then she understood that she too could speak spanish. This conversation that I had with her hit me really hard. I have Ether 12:27 practically memorized, but I have never actually considered it in this light... "and if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that the may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them" when we recognize our weakness, when God shows it to us, if we accept it humbly, he will help us strengthen it. This sister has a fear of Spanish, but her spanish is a lot better than mine was when I started. That Elder has a fear of not being able to say everything he needs to say, but he is aware of it and focussed on increasing his knowledge and he had a scripture to answer every question I had. I have a fear of not doing what the Lord would have me do, but I am focussing on it and trying to be obedient and we have seen the Lord work through us every day. Just ask yourself, what is your weakness, or what is your fear, recognize it, accept it, then work on it... This week I saw the promise of the Lord fulfilled, "I will make weak things become strong unto them". 

So our investigator Porfirio is progressing really well. He has a baptism date for the 25th of April, and we truly believe he is ready to be baptized. He doesnt come from the best circumstances, but he has a love of learning and a desire to follow God. When we gave him the Book of Mormon he read from Helaman to the end, then the next lesson we shared a scripture from 2 Nephi, and he said, "I guess I better start from the beginning." Every lesson we follow up with him on his reading and what he is learning and if he has quesitons. He always reads what we give him. He always reads the Book of Mormon and explains what he likeds, what he learned, and almost always has a question for us about something that he didnt understand clearly or what our opinion is on a certain scripture. He doesnt have work right now, and his situation isnt really great, but every week when we invite him to church he says, "God first, right?" and he always comes! He has not missed a Sunday since we started teaching him, and this last Sunday he brought more members of his family. I cant believe how ready he is, but if yall could please pray for him? We are praying that he will find a job that will allow him to go to church, and the God will protect him these next 2 weeks from anything that will waver his faith or affect his upcoming baptism.

So we have had some wonderful lessons with our investigators this week. We have talked to SO MANY PEOPLE and we have found a lot of new investigators. The work here is really progressing and I love to watch it happen. 

So its not like this week wasnt filled with a ton of things.. but for some reason my mind is blank... I was so excited to share with yall my Ether 12:27 realization that I forgot to think of what else to tell yall. Oh, so today we went with a member on a bike ride to a lake that is hidden in the mountain.. it was so fun, you can be sure I am sending yall pictures. It was a 2 hour long ride, up and down hills, on a rocky road, but it was so fun and absolutely beautiful!

Well, thats all folks. I love yall so much and am so grateful for your love and support. I hope that you have a wonderful week and that all is well in the land of the free. Yall are in my prayers! I know that the Lord is here with us and that this is his work. 

Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment