Monday, July 13, 2015

Dear Family,
My appologies, this letter is going to be a little short.
This week was pretty great. We got a lot of stuff done and we made some progress with a lot of our investigators. 
I had to buy another journal this week because I finished my last one... Sorry, but this one is completely in spanish. I decided to write the whole thing in spanish first to practice, second, because I feel cool, and third, it gives me a really great reason to not forget my spanish when I get home... 
Roysel has his baptism coming up in two weeks and we are all super excited! On Sunday, he didnt show up to church so after sacrament we asked the young men where he was and they said that his family had a party the night before and that he stayed up late and was sleeping... so we grabbed two of the young men, walked to his house as fast as we could (he lives about 20 minutes from the chapel and we walked there in 10...), we told his mom to wake him up, she did, twice, he got up the second time, came to the door, and I just looked at him and said, "where is your shirt?" he stared at me for a second and was like, "give me a second" 10 minutes later he comes back showered and in a white shirt and tie ready to go... then he just said, "it wasnt worth it to try to give you an excuse".... I felt like a boss. 
We have an investigator named Johanna and she is great! We thought that our recent convert Katherine would get along really well with her so we brought her to our appointment with Johanna... when we were walking to her house Kathy started to ask us what she was like and then said, "she has two kids?" yes. "she is my cousin" what? "yeah she lives right here" oh no.. our investigator lives in the next street. "oh, it cant be her" (we get the the house, yell BUENAS, and she comes to the door. "oh, yeah thats my cousin.. I didnt know she lived her" WHAT? It was so weird... but it made our lesson that much cooler. 
I have had a huge testimony builder this week about obedience. The Savior has said "If you love me, keep my commandments" and he is serious. It is all about trusting in the Lord. I have learned that I cannot do anything without his help, and I need to be obedient to his commandments to show that I trust him. We had so many conflicts this week and when we decided that it didnt matter what happened, we were going to follow the rules, and it was a miracle from heaven that everything turned out the way it was supposed to. I know God wants to bless us. He can help us more than we can help ourselves, but for some reason its hard for us to put that kind of trust in him. That is what faith is, trust. When we do things his way, it turns out the way he wants it to, and there isnt anything better.
I love yall so much and hope you have a wonderful week! Talk to you next week!
Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment