Monday, July 27, 2015

Transfers and Pioneer Day

Dear Family,

So, we had transfers... I didnt, but Hermana Villanueva got transfered to Arraijan. We seriously cried for 2 days. Our members cried. Our investigators didn't, but they were sad. She was the best companion that I have had in the mission and I seriously love her with all my heart. We got along so well. We taught together so well. We helped eachother and just understood eachother perfectly... I think yall get the picture. Granted, there were things she did that I didnt like, and I did things she didnt like, but we were able to get over it really fast. I will seriously miss her. 

My new companion is Hermana Garcia from Guatemala. Yeah, I get another Guatemalteca.. I was super nervous when I heard she was from Guatemala because I didnt get along with Hermana Ramirez very well... my Trnew companion is like a little kid. Seriously. I am not kidding. I feel like her mother. She thinks the simplest things are SO interesting. When we go to members houses, she plays with the kids. She is super sweet and innocent. She is a good missionary too. She isnt shy and she is direct like me when she teaches. The Guatemala culture is still prominent in her way of being, and I thank the Lord everyday that he didnt send me there, but she isnt super prideful like others that I have met. She does have a tendency to interrupt me during the lessons and I dont like that at all and we are going to work on it. She has 6 months in the mission, and this is her second area. She was in Tocumen before and that area is very different than Chorrera. She has an amazing memory which I envy a little bit, but thats because I get my memory skills from my mom... right mom? Nah, just kidding, sort of. I have a feeling that we are going to get along this transfer.. and I am sure that we are going to have a lot of success. Wish me luck.

This week we had an activity for Pioneer Day. Everyone dressed up as pioneers and it was just SO CUTE! (I didnt take photos because I was busy helping with the activity (We had a play and I was in it) and I regret it just as much as yall do). It seriously was the closest I have felt to home since I got to Panamá. I felt like I was back in time with my ancestors... it was really cool. A member made us Pioneer costumes and everything! Everyone said I looked the most like a Pioneer, but thats just because I am white (or at least that is what they think... but they dont see my tan lines). 

I was thinking this week about how much God loves us. Everything He has given us, and how much I owe him for my blessings that I have recieved. I have an amazing family that loves and supports me, and I them, I have the gospel in my life and even the blessing to have had it since birth, I have this wonderful opportunity to serve my brothers and sisters in the beautiful country of Panamá, and most importantly, I have His love, and my Saviors love, and the promise that I will live with them for eternity. I have the Atonement so that I can be forgiven of my sins. I started reflecting on it all... every tree, rock, person is all Gods, but he gave us everything he had. I owe him everything, and I will never be able to pay it. Can yall believe that people have started telling me, "When do you go home?" "February" "Oh yeah your done"!!! Can you believe it? My point is it doesnt get to me, because I know that once a missionary, always a missionary. My life literally belongs to my Heavenly Father and I know that I have to give it all. I want to give it all. I love my Heavenly Father more than anything. 

I love yall so much! I hope that yall can feel how much I love you even though I am a little far away. 

Have a great week! 

Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment