Monday, November 9, 2015

Personal Revelation and the Book of Mormon.‏

Dear Family,

OH my gosh. I have got the coolest thing to share with you. Well, yeah who am I kidding, it is so cool.

So three days ago, we were having dinner with some members and I pulled out my Book of Mormon. I have this game that I like to play, (its a game, but it works too) that you say a book, chapter, and verse that comes to your head (it cant be one memorized) and whatever that verse says is your "mini revelation" for that day. Anyways, they each chose a scripture and it really did help them, and then I asked my companion to choose one (we did it as a companionship) and we chose Ether 6:4 which says, (the word "food" is translated to "alimentos" in Spànish, which can mean anything you consume)

And it came to pass that when they had prepared all manner of foodthat thereby they might subsist upon the water, and also food for their flocks and herds, and whatsoever beast or animal or fowl that they should carry with them and it came to pass that when they haddone all these things they got aboard of their vessels or barges,and set forth into the sea, commending themselves unto the Lord their God

We read it, laughed a little, but didnt pay much attention to the revelation. It turns out, that very night, the system that transfers water from Panama to David was damaged. The next morning, there was no water. The whole city of David was without water... when we realized that, the scripture came back into our minds and we had this moment of "oh man... He tried to tell us". That day was a mess, everyone was searching and collecting water in everyway they could. It rained, and there were people bathing themselves in rain water... The next day, yesterday, was Sunday. The water still hadnt been fixed. We had 30 people in church. (It was because no one could bathe themself). My companion tells me, "lets pick a scripture and recieve a little revelation today" of course I was all for it, we needed some guidence. So, we chose a scripture: Helaman 7:20 which says,

20 O, how could you have forgotten your God in the very day that he has delivered 
you?

Wow. That one hurt. We looked at eachother and just said, "we should have listened before..." That was definitely a kick to the knees... I felt a little like He was punishing us.. you know, because we searched for revelation, he gave it to us, and then we ignored it. It was a rough 2 days... but the good news is that today we have water. Everything back to normal... and we got to have a real shower today! The last 2 days it was just a "Plane Shower" (Thats what they call it here when you only have enough water to wash the wings and the motor (armpits and behind)).

Keeping with my Book of Mormon topic, I have been searching a lot (digging down in the deep doctrine) of the prophesies of the BoM. We have had a ton of investigators ask us, "Where does it talk about the BoM in the Bible?" Personally, I am not fond of answering that specific question, I prefer to find people who will test our messege and read it and ask God if its true, but this last week we had so many ask us that I finally said, "Okay, I will find out where, in the Bible, it talks about the BoM". 

I would like to invite yall, if you are interested, to study together these scriptures:

Genesis 49:22 with 1 Nephi 5:10-12, 14
Psalms 85:11 with Moses 7:62
Isaiah 29:4, 18-19, 24 with 2 Nephi 33:10-14 and Moroni 10: 27-28

There are many more. I went nuts with this study and loved every minute of it. The truth is that the Bible speaks in code. In the Old Testament, when the prophets prophesied about Jesus Christ, they never said his name would be Jesus Christ, they said many different names to describe him, but never what his actual "birth-name" would be. If the Bible said his name would be Jesus, can you imagine how many people would have the name Jesus? Everyone would have that name claiming to be Him. Likewise, the Bible does not say specifically "The Book of Mormon" because if it did, how many Books of Mormon would there be in the world? There would be thousands, and we wouldnt know which of all of them is the true book. God is perfect. He has given us everything we need to know. Sorry for the deep-doctrine, but I was just so excited about it that I had to tell yall.

As far as investigators are going, we have one family that is super wonderful. Its the Family Gonzalez. Their names are Guillermo, Guillelis, and Yavelit. It is a father and his two daughters. He is a taxi driver, but doesnt like it because he wants to spend more time with his family, so they are building a tortilla factory behind their house.. its really cool. They are super prepared to accept the gospel. They have prayed about the book of mormon and have recieved a testimony of its truthfulness.. they have questions, but not doubts. They are preparing for baptism on the 21st of this month! I am so excited for them! 

We are on the hunt for more investigators. We are having problems finding people who will progress. Lessons arent a problem, the majority of people accept us into their homes, but they dont progress... they just listen. We are focussing a lot on showing our faith and asking Heavenly Father to help us find those that are prepared. 

I love yall so much and hope you have a wonderful week! We need to make each week count because there are only 7 left in the year! (My comp told me that last week)

I love you and I am praying for you. 

Love, 
Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment