Monday, November 2, 2015

Dear Family,

So, did yall know that people here dont celebrate Halloween? They say its Satans Holiday. No one dresses up, there are no clean parties, and you will never see children walking the streets asking for candy. What happens is there is a lot of wickedness that happens here. The people who have parties just drink alcohol. There are a lot of people in the streets robbing, with guns, attacking people... its all just aweful.. We have had to go home once it starts getting dark... just between Sunday (yesterday) and Wednesday, then everything goes back to normal. The people here celebrate more the Day of the Dead which is today and tomorrow... We live ridiculously close the the Cemetery here and there are people decorating the graves and there are flowers everywhere and people... wow there are a ton of people. The nights are pretty dangerous, but we are being super careful. 

This week was wonderful. It was filled with a lot of service. We have helped the members clean the chapel, run errands, and just a bunch of little things for the members. It has helped because it has given us time to converse with them and gain their trust. I think its working really well because our Branch President has started calling us and asking us to visit people... I feel like we are making a difference and it fills my soul with joy. 

This week my study was focussed on the Atonement. I try to study the Atonement at least once a week, but this week it was everyday. So Cool. I love the Atonement. It doesnt just apply to our sins, or the fact that we are going to be ressurrected, it applies to our weaknesses as well. It strengthens us in times of hardship. Makes us stronger. Keeps up from falling. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13)

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, …
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

I have found that there is so much wisdom in hymns... they teach so much doctrine. I never paid attention before. 

I feel so much love from my Savior, and my greatest desire is to help everyone else feel it as well. I know that He lives, and loves me too. I know this is his church, there is no way that it cant be. I have felt the spirit testify to me over and over again that this is the truth, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that this is his church. I bear solemn witness of it.

I love you all so much! You are always in my prayers. Keep pressing forward, and remember you always have someone to rely on.

With all my love, 


This is our house... its so cute




Where I wash my clothes

Where I study

This little girl is so cute, and she loves frozen. 

We found a butterfly and it just kind of stuck with us.... #disneymoment

THERE ARE STREET SIGNS!!!!!!


Yall remember the story about the moss growing on the cement outside? This is how we got rid of it... I used a knife, she used a spatula



Final results
Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment