Monday, October 20, 2014

One Month

What? Yeah. I have been in the field for a month. It is getting real.
This last week was awesome! On Tuesday we got icecream which, let's be honest, is a big deal. I also got to meet our branch president and he is so super cool. We stopped by the church on Tuesday as well and one of the boys came with flowers for one of the girls because she hadn't been feeling well.. it was so so embarrassing but so funny (and sweet, let's not forget how nice that was).

On Wednesday we got Ana on date for baptism! It was great she is the cutest 13 year old, but her dad is Catholic and we found out yesterday he won't give his consent so.. we can't baptize her. Ugh people frustrate me.

Thursday there were so many things that happened. We had Elder Evans come and talk to us. It was so good and I got so much out of it, but he talked for literally 6 hours. I am not joking. We had an hour of lunch, but we were there from 8AM to 3PM. Craziness. Then, after that whole day of spritual upliftness, we had splits. I will be honest, I don't like splits, but my companion is the Sister Training Leader so I have to go on splits once every single week. anyways my new companion for the next 24 hours ended up being a clone of Jessica Fowler. What? No joke. Same personality, same looks, it was pure insanity. and while we were walking we saw a swarm of cats. It was creapy. Like there were at least 15 cats just sitting on a patch of dirt by the road... yeah I know. Me and my (original)(actual) companion also fasted that day for Ana which was good. Also, that night after I lesson I made the mistake of complementing a lady's collection cabinet and she just started giving me these random glass things that I have no idea what to do with. She gave me one and it was so big and she wouldn't let me give it back so I tried to ask if I could trade for a smaller one and so I picked out a smaller one and she was like oh no keep them both. This was all in spanish. I could not get my point across. So I was just like wow I am digging myself a huge hole. So we got out of there before she could give me anything else so now a have this candle in a teacup and a big fat statuette of this asian dude in a basket.. I have no idea what I am going to do with them. I need to learn better spanish. Or if anything I should have remember how to say no thank you. No, gracias. Seriously, how hard would that have been?

On Friday, remember how I said we were fasting for one of our investigators? Yeah so on friday we decided to break our fast by going to chipotle. My companion ran into a lady that was in front of us in line and we started talking to her and she showed us pictures of her family and everything, then ordered her food and left. We ordered our food and went to pay and the lady was like to woman in front of you wanted to use her change to pay for your food. She seriously paid for more than half. Like 10 dollars. It was just the nicest thing. Also, I got to sleep in my own bed that night.. yeah it was a good day.

Saturday was cool. We went to a members BBQ and they had invited some non-member friends. I started talking to one lady named Petra about her family and then I mentioned that we have a family history center in our church and that she could use it to look up her family tree and stuff. She got so excited and we actually scheduled an appointment with her tonight. I am so excited.

One last thing, Sunday, we ran into a lady from Iran and she speaks Arabic and she wrote my name in Arabic for me in my planner.. yeah, that was super cool..

Well, that is all I can think of, but I just want to assure you that I am having so much fun and that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Honestly the people here are amazing and I get to share the gospel everyday, all day. I am having some wonderful experiences and my testimony grows stronger all the time. I feel like I am better missionary everyday and less and less of a burden to my companion. I love it here and I know I was sent to California for a reason. There is so much love here and I am so glad to be a part of it.
I hope that everyone is doing good! I pray for each one of you specifically and I promise it takes me a good 10 minutes to finally get to go to bed. I love you all and I miss you terribly.

Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment