Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 4... Halloween ooooooOOOOooooo‏

Hola Familia!

Como estan? Quiero hablar con ustedes todo del tiemplo pero no puedo. Entonces! Write me:)

There are some great scripture jokes I found: In 1 corinthians 6:19 he says "what?" Like I imagine him saying it like "seriously? you didn't know this" oh man.. too funny.
Also in Alma 26:25 is a great joke because it is after Ammon has cut off all the arms of the lamanites by the water and then they are about to go to war and this is what he says.. Oh man I will find more. People in the scriptures are so sassy and sarcastic.. It is just the greatest.

Seriously this week was so great!

Monday we went to the store and got some chocolate oreos and made some chocolate milk and soaked the oreos in the milk... Yeah it was the highlight of my day. BUT the real highlight was we got one of our recent convert families interested in family history work. And I talked to a man who lives in a blue house. The whole house is blue. It isn't even a real house he lives in a trailer park.. EVERYTHING WAS BLUE. It was so funny, but I just told him wow I love your blue house... I have decided that I love the creativity of it.. that way I am not lying.

Tuesday was super cool! So we went to this potential investigator's house and he wasn't home, but his friend Octavio was and he was just super happy and pulled up some chairs for us and asked us to teach him something. We didn't really know what was happening or what to talk about but we just said "Can we start with a prayer?" and he asked us how to pray and said he had looked up YouTube videos on how to pray and we just looked at eachother and was like.. yeah, we can teach you how to pray. So we ended up teaching him a great lesson on prayer and then we invited him to be baptized and he said yes.. so yeah.. Tuesday was pretty cool.

Wednesday was interesting too.. we were doing service at the library and a man pointed to us and said, "you are who I want to talk to wait right there!" and we were just like.. okay. So he came up to us and asked what religion we were and we told him and he said, "now I am an atheist, but I study religion. Do you have a pamphlet or something that has your beliefs on it that I could have?" We were like.. um YES. So we gave him our information and he kept talking to us and giving us some advice about life.. Oh Craig. His name was Craig. Oh Craig he was so funny and talked to us about what we wanted to do with our lives and about music and about how to pick a husband.. Oh man. He was a cool guy. But I hadn't ever met an atheist who studies religion... I have a feeling he isn't an atheist... he just thinks he is.
Also, that night (my companion likes to do jinxes..) I got jinxed. Now.. I can be stubborn at times, so she didn't realize what she had done. But she can be stubborn too, so let me tell you how this played out: "You're going to have to talk during the lesson" "...*head shake*..." (and it came to pass that Hermana Eardley got her companion to compromise) So I was free to talk only during lessons and planning (if I spoke I would have to make her breakfast (I was going to anyways, but I didn't want to lose the game.)) Anyways so the night went on, never did I speak unless aloud to according to the rules we had set. But we were walking home and to my absolute horror we saw a slugbug car. I started running and she started chasing me but I had to use the bathroom so bad and so I just fell to the ground and was like "just take it, don't give up, she will stop eventually" and she did.. that was painful. but we got into the house and I went into the bathroom and she followed me and then started tickling me.. She just said "whose going to win? Your mouth or your bladder" BUT we tripped over the rug and she fell into the shower and broke the shower! I took a second to look but she was distracted so I took off and ran to the other bathroom. I ended up winning the game and making her breakfast and now our shower door is broken.. so it was a pretty great game of jinx if you ask me.. never again.

Thursday was so much fun! We got to volunteer at the Braille Institute! I absolutely love it there I wish there was one in St. George. That night we went on exchanges and I was left in charge of my area with an English speaking sister.. It was great. On Friday we got to exchange back and I just love my companion. Also I am in love with this CD! The band is BYU Vocal Point and the Album is Lead Thou Me On. I just absolutely love it. It is on my list of things to get when I come home because I just want to listen to it all the time.

Saturday was the highlight of the week. Are you ready? WE HAD A STAKE FIESTA!! It was so much fun oh my goodness everyone It was Authentic Mexican Fiesta material. Wow it was so great we got to talk to so many people and found some potential investigators and had real Mexican food and the was an actual Mariachi Band there and I got to wear a sombrero.. I tell you it was so so prime. Like legit. I can't even describe to you how great it was. I will send pictures and I took a video but I don't know if I can send it we will see.

Sunday was good. We talked to people and I met a very old nice little lady. She was cute.

Anyways, that was my week. Numbers have been small, but they don't really mean anything. We have done some great missionary work this week and I loved every part of it. Tonight we get to watch the Testaments with the Jimenez family.. I am so excited. Me encanta ese pelicula!
I love you all so much and I am sad I missed the deer hunt, but I am out here and this is the best place for me by far. I am learning so much everyday and it isn't easy, but already I know without a doubt that I wouldn't trade this for anything. You all mean the world to me and you are all in my prayers! Thank you so much for your letters and emails! They make my week so much better!
I have learned that there is no such thing as praying too often. Even if it is just to say hi. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I love that I can talk to him whenever.. It makes it easier to not be able to talk to y'all whenever. I love you all so much!

Love, Hermana Eardley
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)


No comments:

Post a Comment