Monday, January 26, 2015

God Grants unto You Your Desires

Dear Family,
So remember last week? The young man we kept running into? Well, last Monday, after emailing we went to pick up our clothes and we ran into him AGAIN! Yep, God always grants unto your desires. We were able to talk with him some more and we found out he has a lot of questions about the Gospel. He asked us where we go after death, and, because we didnt have a lot of time, we made an appointment with him for the following day. We showed up, and he wasnt there... but we ran into him again and were able to stop by on Sunday. Then while we were talking he started asking us why there were so many churches on the Earth if there is just one God... yeah, Haldan is his name, he has so many questions! I love it! He really wants to learn and I am so glad God put us in his path. I will keep you updated.
We have had some amazing lessons this week! We have another young man who is about the same age as Haldan (both 19) named Oscar and he has this problem where he wants to know the truth, but he keeps saying that he doesnt want to go to church until after he knows the gospel is true... the last time we talked to him we told him that we dont "recieve a witness until after the trial of your faith" and we are hoping that he puts his faith to the test, because in reality, our actions stem from our desires, and our desires stem from our faith.
So Wednesday we spent the whole day helping paint a members house... yep. Service projects here are always really big because thats what the people need. Its always painting or building houses. So Wednesday we painted a house, and Saturday we spent the day helping build Hermano Abregos house... a lot of service this week, and I wore pants for the first time on my mission and I felt so weird.. Like I was self concience with pants on... it was so... I dont even know. I just felt weird, I didnt like it.
Today was exhausting. We have two Elders who are finishing their missions next week so we as a zone got permission to have a PDay together and we went up to a members house (He lives like on the border of Panama and Costa Rica) and made food, I was able to uproot a tree, cut off its roots with a machete and then we cooked the roots and ate them. It was so much fun and was really good too. We also had Papaya and Pineapple (it is the most delicious pineapple I have ever tasted) and coconut (straight from the tree) and we also made some pasta and cooked some steaks (of what type of meat I know not), anyways there was a lot of food. This Hermano that let us use his house is from Peru and he has so many cool things in his house from Peru! We were also able to hear some of his stories. One of the Elders in our zone is also from Peru and he doesnt know how to ride a bike (poor family, didnt have the chance) but there was a bike at the Hermanos house and so we tried to teach this Elder how to ride a bike.. It was going really good until he got scared, over corrected, and ended up in the river... yeah, It was pretty hilarious... buts thats all I have to say about that.
This last week was busy, and the next week is going to be even worse. We have a lot to do before transfers and we will be having a conference with President Carmack in David this week as well.
I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the support you give me! I feel your prayers and am so thankful for them. Remember that I am always praying for yall and I miss yall so much! You are in my heart always!
Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment