Tuesday, January 6, 2015

¡Hola Familia!

So first off, Sue, Maybe it is a gecko. I dont know. When I figure out how to ask that in Spanish I will ask my companion and get back to you.

Okay I have some stories. All but one include an animal. So animals first...

This week my companion had to travel 5 hours to David for a Leaders Conference so I was companions with Hermana Hendley again for 1.5 days... We had a lot of fun and I was able to see how differently we had learned to be missionaries... I can say I am more grateful than ever to have started out in California. But, back to my story. As we were walking there was this really big dog in the road and I made the mistake of paying attention to it.. it must of not liked that because it started growling at me and as I tried to walk past it, it bit me, right on my butt. It wasnt super hard so I am okay, but, What? Am I going to pass that house ever again? NO. NEVER. AGAIN.

Second, We totally found a turtle next to our house and I took pictures. It was so cool.

Third, as we were taking our laundry to get it cleaned today we saw a parrot... and it said "Hola"!! I recorded it talking to me.. yeah, I got to talk to a parrot today.

Oh and another thing, I tried a coconut popsickle the other day... it was like frozen coconut pieces. It was actually pretty good, except there were a couple sticks in it.

Okay. The big one.

Last night it rained. Not just rained, I have never experienced the strength or quantity of rain as I did last night. We have a bunkbed, and I sleep on top. Our roof is tin, which yes makes it louder, but that isnt the point I am trying to make. I woke up at 5AM, to the sound, yes; but also because it was literally raining on me. Water was falling from our ceiling. I was soaked, the bed was soaked, it was 5AM and my companion was asleep because the water hadnt yet started falling on her, I was her shield. I quickly climbed (fell) off the bed, and examined the situation. I had an hour and a half left to sleep and I wasnt going to waste it... my options were to sleep on the wet bed, or sleep on the floor that I refuse to even exercize on, with or without a wet blanket. It is against the rules to sleep in the same bed as your companion, and I wasnt about to break the rules, so I just gave up and slept on the bed.. Then this morning we inspected the ceiling and found holes and there really is nothing we can do so we rearranged our bed so the water will hit the floor, and we put a big plastic bag up to hopefully catch the water, but that took us all day and now I am here, telling all of you my story for the day.

We had some wonder spiritual experiences as well this week.

Monday night we went to have a Family Home Evening with a less active, she is 14, but when we got there she was outside and told us she didnt want us to stay. We started questioning a little because that wasnt like her and found out that she had broken the Word of Wisdom. She told us how aweful she felt, how unworthy she felt. I gave her the warmest hug I could manage and just told her it was okay. When she had finished crying we told her the story of when Jesus said that "the sick need no phyician" and how we were there to help. We talked about the Atonement. It broke my heart to see how much she was hurting inside, but as we talked you could see her realize the gift of the Atonement, her burden being lifted. I had never seen the Atonement displayed like that, and I will never forget it.

This week I studied grace. There was a talk by Brad Willcox (I think) and he expounded on the topic of grace. I also studied the last verse of Moroni 7. I learned how it isnt "saving grace" or that we are saved by grace after all we can do, grace is what changes us. When we accept the grace of the Savior in our everyday lives He can change us. We can become more like Him. He is able to prepare us to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. To be comfortable in their presence. I cant even express it.

This week has definitely been an experience. A good one for the most part. I love you all and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here in Panama. We are working a lot with the members and trying to reactivate them. We have some positive investigators that we are really excited for. The work here is good and I am so grateful that I have this chance to serve. I hope everything is good back home! I love you and I am praying for you.

Love,
Hermana Eardley
© 2015 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

No comments:

Post a Comment