Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Dear Family,

Primero, Hermana Paty, estoy tan feliz de escuchar de usted y su familia. Quiero ponerles en me carta seminal a mi familia, pero, lo voy a escribir en ingles. Mejor razon para que lo aprenda, o, google translate :) les amo bastante.

So, I finally got transfered. I had 6 wonderful months in Chorrera and a part of me was hoping that it would never end, but I knew that it had to eventually. 

I got transfered back to Chiriqui! Crazy right? I am in Bolivar, David now. I am serving in a Branch and we share it with a pair of Elders. I was a little sad, because in my last interview with president he told me that he knew I had had a lot of difficulties in my mission and that he wanted me to enjoy the time that I had left. Naturally, I thought that would mean that if I got transfered, it would be to a good area with good members where the work was really booming... right? Like, I legit thought he was setting me up for success.. wrong. Heavenly Father said no. He just loves me too much to make things easy for me... I bet He was thinking, "we have got just a few months left, lets see how much patience she can develop" oh yes, I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I can see already how much patience I am going to learn from this area. 

What I have figured out so far. My Branch is very special, and my companion as well. My companion is Hermana Garcia (yeah, I know, that was my last companions name too... easy to remember) She is from El Salvador, has 9 months in the mission, and is TINY. No joke, she is like a kindergardener... she reaches my shoulder... she is super tiny. Its cute, but I feel super weird being the tall one... I dont like it.. it freaks me out.

The members here are really special.. and I can tell you already they are going to help me learn SO MUCH PATIENCE. I have been here for less than a week and they are already stressing me out. There is a word is spanish, "bochinche" which means gossip. These members are the worst gossipers I have ever met... That is all they do. I got here and it was "the missionarys this" and "the missionarys that" They just kept telling me the things that the missionaries were doing wrong and that because I was new to the area, and have experience in the mission, they expect me to do everything "right" which is to say, their way. There a quite a few problems in this area, and I am proud to say that I have always been obedient, and the members have always been my best friends, but the members here got under my skin really fast. Sunday they started telling me all of the problems of the members and everything and I just told our mission leader and Branch president, "listen, I am new here, I dont want to know any of this stuff. To me, everyone is perfect. I am here to work, not be part of your gossip group. If you need something concerning missionary work, come and talk to me, if not, I dont want to hear it." I dont think they were too happy, but I have learned to say it as it is, and I did not want them thinking that I was okay with their gossip.

Happier subject? I agree. I got here Wednesday and on Saturday we had a baptism! It was super awesome, but oh man did we struggle filling up the font. First, there wasnt any water in the Chapel.. so we dragged a hose across the street to a neighbors house, but it came out very slowly, we tried a ton of different things and my comp was super stressed... at one point we said, "nah, lets just take her to the river and baptize her there.." It really was an option.. there is a river really close. Anyways, God sent us a miracle and the water came back to the chapel, and a font that normally fills up in 3 to 4 hours filled up in less than one... it really was a miracle.. and the sister who was baptized, her name is Carlina, was so precious and excited. All in all, everything went really well. 

This morning we cleaned the house. I am almost positive that this will be my last area, so we cleaned the house really well... and we still havent finished... it was so dirty... like legit discusting. But! It is a lot better now.. I will send photos. 

That is all that I have for yall this week. Thank you so much for your prayers! They really help! I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!

With all my love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment