Monday, January 25, 2016

Dear Family,

This week, ya, I am doing really good. We had a ton of meetings during the week and we had one of our converts get sick, but I feel good about what we have done and we have seen the fruits of some of our labors. 

Like I mentioned last week, we decided to hike the Cerro Punta mountain... My legs hurt for a few days, but now they are fine and my muscles are hard as rocks. My chest hurt the first day too, but that was for the extremeness in elevation change. Now I am fine.

This last Wednesday we got to be part of the Missionary World Wide Transmission with the First Presidency. The topic was: Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts. It was really wonderful. I loved listening to Elder Bednar talk about the role of the Holy Ghost. It really is essential in the teaching proccess. As missionaries, we arent the teachers. We are the medium the Holy Ghost uses to teach and bring the messege. I loved how well he put that. They talked a lot about declaring repentance as well. That is the thing that changes us and makes us better. If we didnt repent, we wouldnt ever progress. It is so important that we follow the process of repentance and that we have this desire to do it. 

Our Recent Convert, Carlina Miranda, tuvo un derrame (I dont know how to say that in English) but it was her 3rd one and its pretty serious... We have been helping her and members are helping as well, but she lives alone and there is no one to be there to watch after her, so that scares me a bit and makes me a little sad.

Yesterday we had a Rescate which is super cool its when the members get together with the missionaries and we go out to visit less active members. We had some amazingly spiritual experiences and quite a few people cried. We visited one inactive member and she just kept looking at us with this scowl on her face and we finally got her to let us in.. then while we were talking the member started to bear her testimony and she just said that she missed the sister so much and that they mean so much to her and then the inactive changed a lot and she became a lot nicer and asked us to keep visiting her. The spirit was definitely present. 

Today we went to Boquette for our District P-Day. It was so much fun and super beautiful and chilly and there were so many flowers and I totally got burned!!!! Its insane how red I am right now... it doesnt even make sense. 

All in all I am doing well. My companion and I are awesome and working super well together and having a blast.. seriously there isnt one day that goes by without us laughing and having something awesome happen to us. Estoy aprovechando cada momento.

I love you all so much and wish you the best week. Hopefully I will be able to hear from yall next week and hopefully everything is going well. Saludes a todos! Les amo muchísimo!

Con amor, 
Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment