Sunday, September 21, 2014


9/11/14
So, yeah, I love my mission. I only have 2 1/2 weeks left in the MTC. I don't know spanish, I am not great at teaching, but I am so excited. I am just trying my hardest and then relying on the Lord. Wow I feel the spirit so strong. I was recently made district leader so I am like the 'mother' of my district. It's my job to keep them in line and have weekly interviews and get all their mail. I love it. I love the responsibility. Yesterday I had to sit down with some and talk about Companion splits because it was starting to be an issue, but I love it. I have meetings all day on Sundays and I just love it. I have a few stories.
First, this week on Tuesday me and my companion boarded the bus to go to main campus for a devotional. There weren't any double seats left so I had to sit next to an Elder. I was fine with it, like yeah okay whatever, but the second I sat down he turned to look out the window and didn't say a word to me the whole time. A.W.K.W.A.R.D. Seriously do all men just freak out or was it just him? I couldn't believe it. Oh well.
Second, during our districts Sunday walk we went to the "tree of life" have I told you about that? anyways there were 3 girls there and one was wearing short shorts... it was me and my companion with a bunch of elders from my district and I just felt so awkward. Like, we should leave you Elders shouldn't be here... wow it was weird.
Another thing, in testimony meeting one of the sisters from our district got up there and in spanish said "Jesus is my man" and then she freaked and said "I mean my brother" It was so funny. Oh man I love spanish more and more everyday.
I have been keeping a journal that I write in at night for fun stories and just about the day, but I went to the book store and got a journal for devotionals and a journal for scripture study as well and I couldn't wait because I will be able to share funny stories and amazing scriptures and things I learn from devotionals or Sundays. I am so excited. Also, this week I studied a lot about why we say "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" when we end our prayers or testimonies. Please read John 14. It is amazing. But I am so excited to get to share everything I learn! It will be amazing.
My spanish is coming along well and just a warning this whole english thing is going to stop when I get to Panama. Spanish is way too much fun.
Also, I have pictures, but the computers here are weird and tempermental so it is hard to upload them. I am trying though. They will have to be in a different email.
I love you all so much and I can't wait to see you again! The Lord's work is hastening and I am so priviledged to be part of it. I love you.
Love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment