Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last P-day in the MTC

Hola Familia!
So there is so much to say and so little time. I will try to get this all done. First and Foremost I should have said this earlier, but Panama changed their visa requirements so I had to redo my FBI clearance my first week here, anyways I don't have my visa yet so I am getting reassigned to Redlands, California until I get my visa... that's cool.
This Tuesday night M. Russell Ballard spoke to us. He was adorable! He just got up there and said that he hadn't prepared a talk, but he just wanted to talk to us like he was our grandpa.. precious, right? He talked about how the gospel is all about families and to never forget we are servants of the Lord and then he talked about how we need to remember who we are reporting to and how we have the responsibility to direct peoples lives for the rest of all eternity then about how we need to stay close to our families and let them be on our mission with us. How we need to share experiences and let them know about what is happening. Than about the worth of one soul and how precious each person is. Then he likened the Atonement to a big umbrella of love which was super cute. Then he told us to not let 1 person pass us without saying something to them. Then he talked about prayer, how it is a gift from God and how it is sacred and we need to commit our love to the Lord. Then he talked about how we need to interview ourselves and make sure we are doing everything we can to build the kingdom of God. Find spiritual exhilaration. Do the best you can. Make sure you can say in your prayers "I did the very best I could today". Being a missionary will never end. Once a missionary always a missionary (if you do it right). Then for his closing remarks he said that he can bear solid witness that we are carrying the kingdom of God off on our shoulders. The whole talk was amazing. He was so precious.
One story. A couple days ago I was at dinner with Hermana Erickson and we started laughing so hard and looking back it wasn't even that funny. She saw blood on her ankle and realized her scab had peeled off and said "I must have crossed my ankles too hard". I don't know why, but it was hilarious. Also, that same lunch period I accidently drank an Elders milk without realizing it... I had water, he was across the table from me and I was dazed and grabed his cup instead of mine and I didn't even realize it was milk until he said something... it was super awkward and I got him a new drink.
This last week didn't have many highlights, but the ones it had were awesome. I don't know what else to say. I am having such an amazing time and I am sad but really excited to leave and get out there and actually teach people. This gospel has taken over my heart. I don't know how else to explain it. I just love it so much and even though once a week I get to focus on y'all and everything at home, I still am thinking about the gospel. It is amazing.
I love you all so much! I hope school is going well and that y'all are getting along and trying hard to learn new things. Work hard and play hard. I hope you all have an amazing week and I will be emailing you again next week from Redlands, California... 2 missions... because I am that cool.
Love you! Every single one of you! I hope everyone else in the family is doing well. I haven't heard from them but let them know how much I love them! Oh and tell grandma too that I loved her letter she sent me as well.
Love, Hermana Eardley
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)


No comments:

Post a Comment