Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dear Family,

How are yall doing? We are doing great here in Chorrera! My companion is feeling so much better this week. Her body has started to heal itself or something... she still gets headache attacks, but its not all the time and she is able to work a lot more now. President Carmack put an appointment for her to go see a nerve doctor this week. They are all still really concerned, but her and I are happy because she seems to be getting a lot better. Thank you for your prayers on her behalf.

Our young women here arent very animated (that word is totally functionable in Spanish.. but as I stare at it I have no idea if it works in English... if it doesnt, I am sorry, I hope yall understand) and so the presidency asked us if we could help them... we brainstormed a little bit and decided to start a young women choir! Its legit. I am very forward and animated (that word again) and they looked at me weird like they were judging me for the first little bit, but then they realized how fun I am and started to chill out. We have been working with them twice a week and it is super fun. We split them up in supranos and altos and I am working with the supranos and my comp is working with the altos... my group sounds great... the altos need a little help... but we are going to be performing our song in sacrament meeting in 2 weeks and we are all super excited... (THATS THE WORD!!!)... excited :))

We have also started English classes whichno one showed up for like, the first 3 classes... The 4th one our Ward Mission Leader didnt even show up... but this last week we had 14 people in our class... It was super fun especially because half way through the class we decided that I would only talk English and if they had a question they could ask my companion... It was so funny to see their faces... Some just stared at me like I was speaking Chinese... It was so hard to not laugh.

There is some wicked awesome rain storms here... So we were standing in the street planning what we were going to do for the next couple hours when we hear this noise (like.. chhhhhhhhh, it sounds like a bunch of little rocks hitting the ground) anyways, we look around, see nothing, and go back to talking, but then we start to hear it stronger... we look around and all the sudden we see a wall of rain coming towards us. My companion yells, "Corrrré" ("Ruuuuuun") and we take off running down the street... we were running right in front of the rain.. it literally stayed behind us and followed us, but I think its just because we were running ridiculously fast from adrenaline. We got to the house of our investigator... stopped and yelled "BUENAS", but she wasnt home. In that instant we got hit with like 10lbs of water. We ran to a little store (they call them chinos, because its always chinese people that own them) and when we got under the cover we just started laughing. We couldnt go anywhere, so we just started to contact the people that were stuck in the Chino same as us. It was really fun and there are a couple people that seemed really positive. 

Roysel messed up a little bit last week and now he doesnt feel like he will be able to go to the temple. I was so sad because I was super excited to see him be baptized for his father, but we told him that we all make mistakes, and that is why we have the Atonement, and that he needs to repent, but he will be able to enter the temple... we just have to wait a little longer. We are trying so hard to keep him positive. I love him so much and my only desire is to be able to help him. I know he will be able to overcome ever struggle that he has, it is just going to take some practice.

I love this gospel so much and I love how it can help us become more like our Savior. He loves us unconditionally and will always support us. I know that he is supporting me, and you. We need to fight the good fight of faith and hold fast to the rod, and I know that our Heavenly Father will be proud of us in the end.

I love yall so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! You are in my prayers always!

With all my love, Hermana Eardley 

No comments:

Post a Comment