Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dear family,

So this week was good. My companion went to the doctor this week and she prescribed her some medication for depression... but she gave it to her in a lot smaller dose and said that it would take away her headache. She has been taking them, and they have taken away her headache... but its a little sad because I think they are having another effect on her. She has lost all desire to laugh and play and smile and everything. She just sits there and says she doesnt feel sad, just plain. It worries me a little bit and I have told her that maybe she shouldnt take the pills, but she still takes them because they work for her headache. We will see how this goes. Please keep her in your prayers. 

We have had some awesome lessons this week. We have put 4 people on a baptism date for the next month and we are stoked. First there is Sergio, he and his wife just had a baby last month and she is a less active member. Then William, his wife is one of our recent converts and they seperated (not divorce, just different houses) because she said she wanted to be strong in the church and it wasnt a game for her. They have been seperated for a few months and he just barely started taking the missionary lessons. At first he found the whole Joseph Smith story really hard to accept, but as we have prayed and pointed out the spiritual prompting that he has recieved he has come to accept it. The next is Astrid, dad, dont laugh. She is a young women and is super awesome. She became interested in the church because of the young women choir that we started, and now she is reading the Book of Mormon everyday and says that she knows its true and is super ready to be baptized. The last is a young man named Bolivar. He is a teen with a teen girlfriend who is pregnant... yeah, there are enough problems there (Its really sad because that happens so much here I am completely used to seeing it). He has been through a lot, and despite his age, he acts really mature. He has this huge desire to change and wants to have an eternal family.

This Saturday we were able to watch the Relief Society Broadcast for General Conference. I loved Elder Uchtdorfs talk. It was so unique. The story was so special and I just kept picturing it in my head. I especially loved the part about the painting... I dont know what it is, but I have developed such a love for paintings on my mission. Like I legit love them, I love to make stories out of them and try to interpret them. Maybe its weird, but I have developed that love here. Anyways, the conference was really beautiful, I love the choir. I loved the spirit that was there. I am so excited for General Conference this week... it is going to be amazing! Also, this week is our temple trip and I decided we should fast this week too just to make it overwhelmingly spiritual and full of revelation. I am so excited.

This week the topic at church was the Atonement. The talks that we heard were really good, but as they were talking about the Atonement (or Expiación in spanish) I just couldnt help but thing how hard it would be to talk about it. It is impossible to COMPLETELY understand the Atonement, therefore, we cant explain it perfectly. I think it would be a very humbling experience. What our Savior did for us, I will never be able to comprehend. My testimony is that it is real. That it really does change our lives. It is perfect. It is divine. It is love. I dont know how else to explain it.

I love you all so much and I hope yall have a wonderful week! I know the church is true. I know this is Christs gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know he loves us. 

With all my love, 
Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment