Tuesday, September 1, 2015

LLUVIA!!!

Dear Family, 

How have you been? This week it started RAINING. We have been in rain the whole week which is awesome and I love it, but our area has a deficiency... when it starts raining, EVERYONE SLEEPS. You may think I am joking. You may not believe me. You may think I am overeggagerating, but I assure you, EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. SLEEPS. Our investigators, even our members, have told us, "if it rains, dont bother coming because we are going to sleep". The rain seriously stops missionary work in our area. 

BUT! That doesnt stop us. We go from appointment to appointment soaking wet (we have umbrellas but the wind makes it impossible to use them) and even though no one answers the door we just keep praying that God will help us accomplish something. There have been a few times when the rain was so strong that we decided it would be better to deep clean the house or organize the area book or study the scriptures because leaving the house is very dangerous.  It has been fun and we have had a little luck because when the rain clears up for a little time we have people ask us why on earth we are walking around the streets in the rain, and it gives us a prime opportunity to share the gospel and our testimonies.. and the best part is that they dont doubt it because they saw us walking down the street soaking wet. 

I have been studying a lot about charity. I have many faults, but I knew this one would be very hard to fix. The pure love of Christ includes everything. It encompases your actions, thoughts, intentions, words, and feelings. I have seen the way my thoughts and feelings about others have changed, but I know I have a long way to go. I have been studying the chapters of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John in the Bible side by side with Moroni 7. It really has opened my eyes to understand charity, but its a whole other story practicing it. The Lord loves us unconditionally. He has shown us the way. He helps us in every step. I know that I can never demonstrate the love he has for us, but we should try everyday to love others in the same way that he loves us. Its a commandment.

Sorry this one is going to be short... yall can thank the rain. Right now, its pitch black outside and its 5 in the afternoon. its raining strong, the power keeps going in and out, and the only thing we can see is the lightning... its pretty great, but also not so great. 

Love you all! You are in my prayers. I miss you. I hope yall have a great week!

With all my love, Hermana Eardley



New Fruit . . .Lychy


My new companion... 6 weeks ago.


Roysels Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment