Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dear Family,

This week was a struggle. My companion isnt doing good. She has an appointment with a Neurologist on Tuesday and hopefully he will be able to tell us what is wrong with her. I love her to death, but I am super frustrated because we cant work effectively and I feel like our area is suffering a little bit. I have talked to our Sister Training Leaders and they agreed that we could do divisions this week, because I honestly need a break and want a good working day. I am sure it will help me relax. I havent been able to sleep very well these past weeks and it is showing on my face. I recieved a comfort blessing yesterday from my district leader. Its hard, but I love my companion and told President Carmack that I wanted to be with her until we figure out what is wrong. I feel like I need to stick it out with her. We will get through it, but if you could put her name in the temple, I would be ever grateful. (Madelyne Maria Garcia Armas)

My English class is going really well. We do a lot of role plays. Its super fun! My students range from the ages of 8 to 40... its legit and everyone helps eachother. I told them that we were there to have fun and help others have fun, and the only rule is that you cant get embarrassed... I think I would be an awesome teacher. 

We played the movie Meet the Mormons (by the way, Stephanie, I hope you are keeping a list of all the movies that come out that I will want to see) and we had 3 investigators show up. One has a baptism date for the 6th of October. Her name is Astrid. She is super cute. We were teaching her brother one day and she came outside and sat on the hammock... we asked her if she wanted to join us and she flat out told us "no". Then, I felt the impression to ask her again, so I said, "We are going to sing a hymn if you would like to join us" and she was immediately intersted. She loves to sing. She is helping us with our young women choir.

So, speaking of the choir. we are having a lot of fun. I will be honest, they arent that great at singing... but they are having fun and that is what really matters. The whole point was to get them excited about church, and I feel like we are accomplishing that. I learned how to play the piano so that I could play while they were singing. I am not that great, but every chance I get, I practice.

We are focussing a lot on getting our branch to support us. We have prayed about it and feel like if we could just get them 100% on board and dedicated, missionary work in our area would sky rocket. Its a challenge because they are all Panamanions, but with a little faith and effort, I am sure we will be able to accomplish everything that the Lord has prepared for us. 

I am so thankful for my mission. I am so thankful for my companion, and for every single one of you. I am especially thankful for the challenges that I have. I know that they are given to me to help me grow and become a better person. When I think about that, it always turns my mind to the grace of God and my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7:48. Susan, I think it has a lot to do with gratitude as well. It is essencial to our spiritual progress. If we arent grateful, we arent humble, if we arent humble, we can never become like our Heavenly Father. Being grateful means being grateful for EVERYTHING. The good and the bad. We have to be grateful for the sun and the rain, because our Heavenly Father knows what we need in every moment of our lives. 

I love you all! I am so blessed to have you in my life. I hope yall have a great week!

With all my love, Hermana Eardley

No comments:

Post a Comment